My Pet is Lost

My Pet is Lost

The first thing to do if your pet is lost is to call the shelter at 970-625-8808. We have a lost and found book and may have already received a call from someone who has your animal. Or we may already have your pet safely at the shelter waiting for you. You may e-mail the shelter a flyer or picture of your lost of found pet at We will be happy to post it in our lobby and on our Facebook page.

You may also check out our Facebook pages for more information:

Click Here For Found Animals Currently at the Shelter
Rifle Animal Shelter Found Pets on Facebook

Click Here to Post Information About Your Lost Animal
Rifle Animal Shelter Lost Pets on Facebook

I've Checked the Shelter and My Pet is Still Lost

If your pet still hasn't turned up, don’t give up! Canvas your neighborhood repeatedly, keep calling the shelters, contact vets, make flyers, put an ad in the paper, call radio stations…etc. Here is a website with really good ideas and advice for finding a lost pet. Check out the recovery section.

We usually only have animals found or picked up in the Rifle city limits. Below are other agencies that we would suggest calling. It’s a very good idea to call all local shelters and report your pet missing. You never know where they might end up.

  • Dispatch For Garfield County 970-625-8095
  • Colorado Animal Rescue at 970-947-9173 (Garfield County and City of Glenwood Springs)
  • Divide Creek Animal Hospital at 970-876-5354 (Garfield County and Town of Silt)
  • New Castle Police Department at 970- 984-2302 (Town of New Castle)
  • Parachute Police Department (Battlement Mesa or Parachute)
  • Glenwood Spring Police Department 970-384-6500
  • Rifle Police Department 970-625-2271
  • Aspen Pitkin County Animal Shelter 970- 544-0206 (City of Aspen and Pitkin County)
  • Pitkin County Animal Safety - (970) 920-5310
  • Snowmass Village Animal Control - (970) 923-5330
  • Eagle County Animal Shelter 970-328-3647
  • Eagle County Animal Control (For Eagle area) - (970) 328-3647; (For Basalt area) - (970) 963-2948

  • Other Useful Contacts

  • Colorado Division of Wildlife - (970) 947-2920
  • KAJX Aspen Public Radio - (970) 920-5259
  • KDNK Carbondale Community Radio - (970) 963-0139
  • KMTS/KGLN Radio - (970) 945-9124
  • KSPN/KNFO/JACK FM Radio - (970) 384-2172
  • KSNO Radio - (970) 925-4111
  • Send info about your lost animal to Garfield County - Lost and Found Pets

    Make sure your pet ALWAYS has a collar on with ID tags. Micro chipping also helps your pet get back to you. We offer low cost micro-chipping. Ask us!